El Paseo Children’s Center is a Non Public Agency (NPA) that specializes in conducting Independent Education Evaluations (IEEs).

What is an IEE?

Federal regulations explicitly state that parents of a child with a disability have a right to obtain an IEE.  An IEE is broadly defined as "an evaluation conducted by a qualified examiner who is not employed by the public agency responsible for the education of the child in question (e.g., school district).  An IEE may be obtained by parents at their own expense or at public expense. An IEE is not limited to evaluating only a child's academic or cognitive skills, but may include the evaluation of any skill related to the child's educational needs.

An Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE) can be obtained at school district expense if:

1) The parent disagrees with the results, conclusions, or recommendations of the school district,

2) The school district did not assess the student in all areas of suspected disability.​

It is not uncommon for school districts, parents, or Directors of Special Education to reach out to EPCC to conduct an assessment in several areas. This is due to our outstanding reputation conducting fair and unbiased assessments. We have a comprehensive staff that specializes in a wide range of special education services, such as:

  • Psychological-Educational Assessments
  • Behavioral Assessments (FBAs, ERMHS)
  • Academic Achievement Assessments
  • Speech and Language Assessments
  • Occupational Therapy Assessments
  • Physical Therapy Assessments
  • Adaptive Physical Education Assessments
  • Visual Impairment Assessments
  • Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing Assessments
  • Audiology Assessments
  • Transitional/Vocational Assessments
  • Assistive  Technology Assessments

Contact Us Today

"The parents won't need to worry when Brent Cooper conducts an IEE. Everyone in our Special Ed Department breathes a sigh of relief when they find out Brent is conducting the IEE. They all say the same thing: 'Oh, good! Even if he doesn't agree with the district, he's fair and I can accept what he's reporting.'"

Riverside County Special Ed Director

Independent Educational Evaluations (IEEs)

Contact Us: